In the third year of Python & PixelPAD, the students will be introduced to programming concepts such as functions, if-statements, for-loops, and physics, and also learn how to write clean and fast code. Students will finish with a cool fruit-slashing game, inspired by the popular mobile game Fruit Ninja!
Students create the game Fruit Tap and learn how to make a game that is designed for mobile. In the game fruit will fly through the screen and players have to tap it to get a higher score.
Students will be able to adjust features, change their sprites and re-skin their game to make it uniquely their own. In addition, they will be able to create custom fruits, power-ups, and spawning mechanics.
Prerequisites: PY201, PY202
● Students can understand development differences when developing in the mobile environment particularly when it comes to user interface and user design ● Students understand and can apply loops in the code ● Students understand and can apply loops in combination with arrays
● Students understand and can create games similar to some games they know, and extend those games with features of their own
● Students are able to look at a problem and break it down in a series of sub-problems
● Students understand and can create games for multiple platforms in PixelPAD, without the support of an instructor
● Students are able to reflect on other students code, and assist other by helping them debug their code