Based on what students have learned in PY301, they will dive deeper into Python & PixelPAD. Students will be introduced to AI movement & gameplay, and create a cool strategy game, inspired by the popular mobile game Clash Royale!
Students create a top-down strategy game for mobile, similar to popular strategy games currently played on mobile devices.
Students will be able to adjust features, change their sprites and re-skin their game to make it uniquely their own. In addition, they will be able to create custom units, AI behavior, and multiple worlds.
Prerequisites: PY301, PY3202
● Students understand how to create an opponent in a game that is controlled by simple artificial intelligence ● Students are able to write optimized and well structured code ● Students are able to write code making objects follow custom paths in their game ● Students understand and can apply loops in combination with arrays
● Students understand how balancing of characters, their features and their value can improve the gameplay
● Students can reliably fix, test, and debug their own program independent from an instructor ● Students can develop a custom game in PixelPAD, independent from an instructor
● Students understand and can create games of any type, for multiple platforms in PixelPAD
● Students are able to reflect on other students code, and assist others by showing examples and explaining programming concepts